Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Frozen Cup Of Happiness

Art by mv79 on deviantart,com 

The first real snow of the season finally came last night.
As the wind howled outside my window and tapped the glass, my thoughts went a million miles away to where my heart's dearest wishes dwell.
I've spent so much time in solitude.  The lessons of love have been so very sharp and I've shed more than the healthy dose of tears & pain in recent times.  They say the cosmos returns what you put into it.  There is a great force that draws what is meant to be together, but my force was broken and weak.  My contribution to the cosmos was too small and nothing positive came back to me.  I let the icy dragons of my fears and insecurities wrap themselves too tightly around me, smother me, hide me.  Locked in my forgotten
ice tower, like a snow queen, I would only gaze down at anyone who came to my gate then coldly turn away.
Looking out at the swirls of lacy Winter ribbons, I reflected on how far I've come this year.  My confidence cloaks me now like the whiteness covers the rooftops.  I've quested for inner peace with my dreams and desires.  I found a nirvana for my spirit to rest like the snow upon the sleeping sod.

Art by eXXeQt on deviantart.com

Pulling my robe tighter around me, a sudden sweet thought came to me.  I recalled a card from one of the many oracles and divination decks my Sister and I use in our craft.  The ace of cups, the single vessel full of emotion, the beginning of something wonderful, has always been in my grasp.  Alas, until now I've kept it frozen.  There seems to be only one more lesson to complete before I can sip the joy I yearn and wish for.  I must embrace patience.  Like the snow ices over the roses forcing them to sleep till Spring, so must I wait for my frozen cup of happiness to thaw before I may drink.
I know it will be worth the wait.

Art by Mavain on deviantart.com


    

No comments:

Post a Comment